Longhaul Holidays with Escape Worldwide
Call 020 8989 0970
Call 020 8989 0970
Or Contact Us by email
We’ve been, we know - just call!
VISIT OUR WORLD:
Escape Worldwide S2264. We act as The Global Travel Group plc in connection with
the sale of travel products. Unless specified as the operator, the Global Travel Group
plc is the agent of ATOL protected Tour Operators and other principals.
All holidays shown on this website are fully ATOL-protected package holidays - we're not simply putting together a flight and a hotel and calling it a holiday, we're offering quality holidays at a great price.
Global Travel Group
Escape Worldwide is a member of the Global Travel Group (membership number S2264). The Global Travel Group is one of the UK’s largest networks of independent travel agents, with almost 1000 agencies across the Country. Unlike many nationwide High Street travel agents, members of the Global Travel Group are independently owned and run, yet benefit from being a part of a large organisation in many ways – we’re able to negotiate the best prices on holidays with all leading travel companies, and able to pass this on to our customers.
By being a member of the Global Travel Group, any money paid to us is financially protected, as it is paid straight into a secure Client Account that we do not have access to. In the case of our own insolvency, your money is not held by us so you'll still travel - it's not a case of having to fight to get your money back, you'll simply go on holiday anyway. In the extremely unlikely event of the insolvency of the Global Travel Group PLC, your money is held in a Client Account which cannot be used by liquidators - you'll still travel.
All Tour Operators we deal with are holders of an ATOL (Air Travel Organisers Licence), which secures your financial protection in the event of the insolvency of the tour operator.
Your security - both financially and otherwise - is a priority of the Global Travel Group, and your protection is at its highest possible level by booking with us.
Our trade partners - tour operators, hoteliers and airlines - are vital in making your holiday truly memorable. Read about our trade partners here.
HOME > About Us
Escape Worldwide is an independent travel agent that specialises in longhaul holidays - our basic principal is to visit the destinations we feature to get to know them in person, so we can share our knowledge and passion with you - it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!
Mark started Escape Worldwide in 2002 with Darren - he's been travelling since he left school, over 30 years ago! Mark wins the 'how many countries have you visited' game in the office.
- Stone Town, Zanzibar - wandering through the narrow lanes of this ancient town really conjures up an exotic atmosphere - the spices I've bought here are great too!
- Stellenbosch, South Africa - the heart of South Africa's winelands, relaxing with a chilled glass (or bottle, or two) of Chenin Blanc. Heaven!
- Raffles Hotel Singapore - the first longhaul place I ever visited was Singapore and I stayed in a hostel near Raffles. I was lucky enough to stay in the hotel itself nearly 20 years later, and it really lived up to my expectations!
- Saratoga Hotel, Havana - a classic old Cuban hotel with all the trimmings, overlooking the grand Capitolio Building. A mojito at the bar can't be beaten!
- A helicopter trip over the Volcano National Park, Hawaii, seeing the bubbling lava heading towards the Pacific Ocean - I didn't opt for the 'doors off' chopper, though!
- Watching the monks collecting alms early in the morning in Luang Prabang, Laos - one of the most fascinating things to witness, as the whole town comes out to offer food.
Mark in Hawaii
Mark’s top beer tip:
A bottle of Longboard lager at Lulu’s bar, overlooking Waikiki Beach - Hawaii Five-0 style!
Darren's been at Escape Worldwide since Day One - he’s travelled extensively over the years and has visited most of the longhaul destinations we feature.
- The Nile in Upper Egypt - I love how remarkably preserved the history is and how you can picture yourself in a different era!
- Macau, China - possibly the craziest place I've ever been, where Las Vegas meets China, with a bit of Portugal thrown in too!
- Kuramathi Island Resort, Maldives - the most relaxing place I think I've ever stayed, with the best pizzas for lunch!
- The Shore, Phuket - I stayed in a pool villa overlooking the beach, which is probably the best room I've ever stayed in !
- Taking a helicopter ride over Victoria Falls in Zambia, and then walking along the top of the Falls too!
- Cycling along the promenade from Copacabana to Ipanema in Rio De Janeiro - I hadn't been on a bike for years but the setting was incredible!
Darren at the Pyramids
Darren’s top beer tip:
Bintang beer in a beachside restaurant in Bali, watching the sun set over Seminyak beach!
We’re delighted to have scooped several prestigious awards
‘Top Asia Agent’ - SIX years running
‘Top Online Agent - Runner Up’
‘Global High Flier’
‘Best increase in Sales’
Global Travel Group