Longhaul Holidays with Escape Worldwide
Call 020 8989 0970
Your holiday starts here
Call 020 8989 0970
We’ve been, we know - just call!
VISIT OUR WORLD:
Escape Worldwide S2264. We act as The Global Travel Group plc in connection with the sale of travel products. Unless specified as the operator, the Global Travel Group plc is the agent of ATOL protected Tour Operators and other principals.
All holidays shown on this website are fully ATOL-protected package holidays - we're not simply putting together a flight and a hotel and calling it a holiday, we're offering quality holidays at a great price.
Global Travel Group
Escape Worldwide is a member of the Global Travel Group (membership number S2264). The Global Travel Group is one of the UK’s largest networks of independent travel agents, with almost 1000 agencies across the Country. Unlike many nationwide High Street travel agents, members of the Global Travel Group are independently owned and run, yet benefit from being a part of a large organisation in many ways – we’re able to negotiate the best prices on holidays with all leading travel companies, and able to pass this on to our customers.
By being a member of the Global Travel Group, any money paid to us is financially protected, as it is paid straight into a secure Client Account that we do not have access to. In the case of our own insolvency, your money is not held by us so you'll still travel - it's not a case of having to fight to get your money back, you'll simply go on holiday anyway. In the extremely unlikely event of the insolvency of the Global Travel Group PLC, your money is held in a Client Account which cannot be used by liquidators - you'll still travel.
All Tour Operators we deal with are holders of an ATOL (Air Travel Organisers Licence), which secures your financial protection in the event of the insolvency of the tour operator.
Your security - both financially and otherwise - is a priority of the Global Travel Group, and your protection is at its highest possible level by booking with us.
Our trade partners - tour operators, hoteliers and airlines - are vital in making your holiday truly memorable. Read about our trade partners here.
HOME > About Us
Escape Worldwide is an independent travel agent that specialises in longhaul holidays - our basic principal is to visit the destinations we feature to get to know them in person, so we can share our knowledge and passion with you - it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!
We’re based in Wanstead, East London - why not pop in and see us to discuss your travel plans if you’re in the area!
Karen in Sri Lanka
Karen’s top beer tip:
It has to be a Tusker beer sitting around an open fire at a camp on the Masai Mara - just unbeatable!
Karen has worked at Escape Worldwide for around 12 years, and has seen much of the world in that time. She loves the Far East but has also travelled to the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Ocean.
- Angkor Wat in Cambodia - the temples are incredible and so atmospheric, its such an amazing site and not too difficult to get to.
- The Taj Mahal in India - it's just as beautiful and intricate as you'd imagine, and the tales of love are really moving.
- The Ashnil Mara Camp on the Masai Mara - a beautiful camp in the heart of the Mara, with a superb fire pit that's perfect for a post-game drive beer!
- Movenpick Aswan, Egypt - on its own island in the middle of the Nile and overlooking the town, I love the little boat that takes you to the mainland!
- I love being on safari, and there's nowhere quite like the Masai Mara for sheer diversity of wildlife - each time I go it's different, and fantastic!
- Attempting to learn to dive in the Red Sea - not being a natural in the water I didn't quite master it, but the colours of the fish and the coral made the effort worthwhile!
Mark started Escape Worldwide in 2002 with Darren - he's been travelling since he left school, over 25 years ago! Mark wins the 'how many countries have you visited' game in the office.
- Stone Town, Zanzibar - wandering through the narrow lanes of this ancient town really conjures up an exotic atmosphere - the spices I've bought here are great too!
- Stellenbosch, South Africa - the heart of South Africa's winelands, relaxing with a chilled glass (or bottle, or two) of Chenin Blanc. Heaven!
- Raffles Hotel Singapore - the first longhaul place I ever visited was Singapore and I stayed in a hostel near Raffles. I was lucky enough to stay in the hotel itself nearly 20 years later, and it really lived up to my expectations!
- Saratoga Hotel, Havana - a classic old Cuban hotel with all the trimmings, overlooking the grand Capitolio Building. A mojito at the bar can't be beaten!
- A helicopter trip over the Volcano National Park, Hawaii, seeing the bubbling lava heading towards the Pacific Ocean - I didn't opt for the 'doors off' chopper, though!
- Watching the monks collecting alms early in the morning in Luang Prabang, Laos - one of the most fascinating things to witness, as the whole town comes out to offer food.
Mark in Hawaii
Mark’s top beer tip:
A bottle of Longboard lager at Lulu’s bar, overlooking Waikiki Beach - Hawaii Five-0 style!
Christine is Escape Worldwide’s newest recruit, but she’s been in the travel industry for ages having spent over 10 years with one of the UK’s biggest travel companies - she’s now bringing her expertise to us!
- Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco - I love the buzz here, with great food and shopping, the sea lions are fab and the views are superb!
- Koh Phangan, Thailand - for a real getaway, the islands of Thailand are just perfect and there’s nothing better than a lazy few days on gorgeous Koh Phangan, with picture-postcard beaches and such a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Bellagio, Las Vegas - I’m a huge fan of Vegas and the Bellagio really sums it up to me - extravagant and stylish, and seeing the famous fountains from your own room is just awesome!
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai - such a fabulous hotel especially for families. I love Dubai and the hotels here are simply unbeatable.
- On my very first trip to Bangkok I did a tuk tuk tour, and it was so memorable, taking in all the temples and markets with a truly local guide
- Trekking in the Horton Plains in Sri Lanka - this is such a beautiful part of a really beautiful island, and despite the early start it was well worth it!
Christine in Thailand
Christine’s top beer tip:
A cold Singha beer on a hot day in Thailand is just perfect!
Darren's been at Escape Worldwide since Day One - he’s travelled extensively over the years and has visited most of the longhaul destinations we feature.
- The Nile in Upper Egypt - I love how remarkably preserved the history is and how you can picture yourself in a different era!
- Macau, China - possibly the craziest place I've ever been, where Las Vegas meets China, with a bit of Portugal thrown in too!
- Kuramathi Island Resort, Maldives - the most relaxing place I think I've ever stayed, with the best pizzas for lunch!
- The Shore, Phuket - I stayed in a pool villa overlooking the beach, which is probably the best room I've ever stayed in !
- Taking a helicopter ride over Victoria Falls in Zambia, and then walking along the top of the Falls too!
- Cycling along the promenade from Copacabana to Ipanema in Rio De Janeiro - I hadn't been on a bike for years but the setting was incredible!
Darren at the Pyramids
Darren’s top beer tip:
Bintang beer in a beachside restaurant in Bali, watching the sun set over Seminyak beach!
We’re delighted to have scooped several prestigious awards
‘Top Asia Agent 2017’
‘Top Asia Agent 2016’
‘Top Online Agent 2016 - Runner Up’
‘Top Asia Agent 2015’
‘Top Asia Agent 2014’
‘Top Asia Agent 2013’
‘Top Asia Agent 2012’
‘Global High Flier’
‘Best increase in Sales’
Global Travel Group